Letting Go

8/18/2011

I took some pictures back in July after work one day.  It was a pretty warm day followed by a beautiful evening.  I had worn an old white blazer to work that day.  I had been on the edge about getting rid of it, and so I thought I would try to wear it one more time to see how I felt about it.


Frankly, I realized that I just don't like it.  It's stiff and scratchy and not comfortable at all.  Why did I hold on to it for so long?  Why did I even buy it?


I do this a lot.  Hold on to things thinking they have meaning or are special when they really aren't.  I've spent the last two years getting rid of things and letting go.  But I still have more work to do.  I've learned that these things don't hold my memories.  Even if you let things go, the memories remain.  And some of the things I've been holding onto don't exactly have good memories.  Learning to let go is hard work.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook