Pinky

7/20/2012


Dress: H&M
Cardigan: Target (Similar)
Bag: Dooney & Bourke
Shoes: Fergie
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelet: Bauble Bar
Lipstick: Chanel Flamboyant






Thanks to blogging and shopping my closet, I'm putting a lot of pieces together in ways I never would have before.  I definitely take much longer in the evening pulling pieces out and laying them on top of each other to see if they will work.  In an interesting twist, I'm finding that when I think something isn't going to work, I end up really liking the results.  My initial thought on this outfit was that it was way too retro, 50s sitcom mom, but I did it anyway.  The yellow/gold shoes were an attempt to push away from the normal black or red shoes I would have paired.  I kept telling myself that they really didn't go with the colors in the dress, but I like how they draw attention to the leather trim on the bag and the gold in the accessories.  I have so many Bauble Bar pieces now, I end up wearing at least one every day.  Only the bracelet wrapped in black is Bauble Bar mixed in with other bangles I've picked up over the years.  At first, it felt like a lot of jangle on my arm, but looking at it now, I could have worked in a few more for a bigger stack.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook