Tails

7/12/2012


Cardigan: Romeo and Juliet Couture
Skirt: Forever 21 (Still available in black)
Bracelet: C/O Swarovski & Betsey Johnson




I have a little bit of the summer doldrums and absolutely no color in my outfit.  It's that point in the year where it is simply unbearable to be outside at midday, and the office air conditioners make it seem like you are tunneling through an Arctic expedition every time you walk into a conference room.  You freeze all day wearing your light layers only to walk outside after 5:00 and feel like you are inside of an oven.  The drive home is always so pleasant.  I pulled out this cardigan because even though it's grey and stripes, it has the tails in front that add some flow.  It's a comfortable old friend who helped me get over my gripes about summer dressing for a day.  Typing the word doldrums reminded me of my favorite book from elementary school, The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.  Our hero, Milo, has just set out on his journey when he enters a land of grey skies along a road that leads for miles and miles and goes nowhere.  He is in the Doldrums.  Everyone there takes holidays to go nowhere, and they invite Milo to come along.  He's just about to yawn and settle in when he meets The Watchdog who sets him straight and gets him back on his path.  I hope everyone has their own personal Watchdog who helps them when it's easier to pull over than to keep moving forward.  I know I do even if it is a grey sweater.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook