Party Wear

11/17/2012

Skirt: Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Miu Miu
Necklace: Lulu Frost
Ring: Mawi

This year will be the first year we go to the Christmas party for the company where my husband works. I already find party wear tricky, but this time the wording of the invitation has made it even worse.  The party has a masquerade theme and encourages party wear, but then goes on to say that if you don't want to dress up, you can wear casual attire.  It goes on to discourage flip flops and shorts.  To me, there's a big gap between flip flops and party wear, but knowing that there will probably be a fair share of party guests wearing jeans, I don't want to wear a formal dress.  This outfit has equal doses of comfort and sparkle.  The cardigan will keep me warm on a chilly, winter night, but the skirt is icy, shiny and bright.  The heel is just right for standing around drinking wine in a crowd, and I'm becoming more and more of a fan of jewelry with mixed metals because they are so versatile.  What are your plans for party outfits this year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook