Old School

7/19/2013


Cardigan: DKNY Cozy
Sunglasses: Coach
Tee: Old Navy
Pants: H&M
Lipstick: Tarte Sweet Dreams (Sadly no longer available)




We literally took these pictures at my old school, UCLA, where I graduated with a degree in English literature, eek, exactly 20 years ago.  In addition to dating myself, these pictures are pretty dated, too, as they were actually taken back in January.  A lot has changed in my life since then, and I can't particularly say I was in the best place emotionally when these were taken.  I've mentioned before that leaving my job was not an easy thing to do, and truth be told, the last month I was there was full of emotional highs and lows.  It's very exciting to move on to a new phase in your life, but change is always filled with so much unknown, it's hard to embrace.  I did let my weight shoot up again during that period, and looking at the results in these photos where I feel I'm just kind of puffy all over, made me realize that I had to stop overindulging.  I'm happy that I've made adjustments in my diet that have made a difference.  The final difference is my hair.  Looking back at the color here when I'm hating where I'm at in the growing out process makes me sad.  I really liked having my hair this dark, which is my natural color.  But I know it was just too dark.  I really can't wait to be gray.  How crazy does that sound?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook